Monday 12 September 2011

Moon lantern Festival '11

Wow im really getting the hang of this whole blogging business, today I took my camera on a little trip with me to the Moon lantern festival in Elder park after I finished work.




There were so many colours and smells wherever I went and there were SO MANY PEOPLE! I really hate crowds and after working at the  Royal Adelaide Show last week, this was particularly painful. However i did pop over with my friend Emily to make a paper crane and took a few photos of the already made ones. The aim of the project was to make 1000 cranes throughout the day... I wonder if they reached that.


Emily's crane (blue) and my crane (purple) being friends nawh




There were also many performance throughout the time I was there including amazing dancing like Bollywood and traditional Chinese as well as a performance from the Shandong Performing Art Troupe which blew my mind! Literally, some of the acrobatics they could do were unbelievable!
Karate demonstration, the kids were so cute!
While there I did try some sweet rice pancakes with a yummy peanut filling that burnt my lip because I couldn't wait to eat it but i was still pretty hungry when I got home so I decided to cook myself a nice quick omelet.


Now I'm the sort of person who doesn't really measure things when I'm cooking for myself so the following is all approximations.


Take no notice of the terrible lighting in my kitchen.
Ingredients:
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 zuchini, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 small red capsicum
- 1/4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- a splash of milk
- s+p
- small amount of lavender cheese
** note: you could put practically whatever you have in your fridge into this omelet... thats what I did bahaha




Basically cook all the listed veggies in a pan and meanwhile whisk egg, milk and s+p in a bowl then pour over the cooking veggies and crumble cheese on top. Then wait untill the egg is cooked.




I served my omelet on a peice of rye toast with rocket and 2 of my favourite sauces of the moment (I have a weakness for sauce).


I spreaded the Sriracha hot sauce on my rye toast and then drizzled my Alpine Berry Farm caramelised chilli balsamic vinegar on top of my rocket. Weird combination, but completely yummy! And of course I had this all with a lovely cup of green tea (:




I am officially in love with this mug... just sayin' bahaha


Anyways its off to bed for me, early start again tomorrow eep!


Beth xo

No comments:

Post a Comment