Monday 19 September 2011

Dreaming

I love breakfast, this isn't a secret. I go to sleep thinking of, and therefore dream of, my breakfast for the next day. Now don't go assuming I'm referring to big breakfasts with sausages and bacon and other yummy goodies, although these breakfasts are also worthy to be dreamt about. No, I'm dreaming of oats and cereals and anything else that I can load heaps of different fruits and nuts into to make even yummier! 


However my favourite breakfast combinations change from time to time, last week I was craving overnight oats that had been soaked in chai tea and topped with apples and cinnamon. The week before it was your generic cereal, with bananas and strawberries and this week I am L-O-V-I-N-G museli with youhgurt topped with all sorts of goodies. Here was today's breakfast:


Ingredients:
1/2 cup generic museli (mine is the homebrand low-fat version with lots of dried fruits)
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp phyto soy LSA mix from Nu Vit Health foods (basically a boost to my museli's nutritional value)
3-4 strawberries cut in small pieces
1/2 orange, segmented and cut into halves
1/4 apple, cubed
1/4 cup skim milk
2Tbsp low-fat vanilla yohgurt


Put all ingredients in a bowl (as above) then mix (as below) AND DEVOUR!




Yummo! Think ill be dreaming of this one tonight!


Beth xo

No comments:

Post a Comment