Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mexican fever

Driven by 3 things

1. Mexican night with some girlfriends on the weekend consisting of tequila, DVDs and nachos,
2. Fit Foodie Find's most recent post 'Healthy Fiesta Lime Rice'
and 3. A need for more exciting/nutritional lunches to eat at work

this recipe was born!!


Easy Mexican Rice and Bean Salad

Ingredients:
left over rice (I had around 1.5 cups left)
1 tin red kidney beans (can use any beans, these just happened to be the ones in the cupboard), rinsed and warmed through
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 small capsicum, diced
1 avocado, diced
juice of 1 lemon (to help keep the avocados from browning)
2 Tbsp Salsa, I used Old el paso Medium Spicy bean salsa
1 Tbsp low fat sour cream

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

** I would also have added 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped and 1 cob of corn worth of kernels if I had them in the fridge.... but unfortunately I didn't :( but please do try it with these additions and let me know how it goes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment