Wednesday 5 October 2011

October Fitness Kick

Now that my cold is finally breaking (still have a cough and runny nose at times) I can finally get into my health kick for summer!

My mum and brother are also in on this little health kick so we've all vowed to exercise once a day (on weekdays) and replace dinner with a protein shake (mums idea). I was a little hesitant to deliberaltly 'skip' a proper meal and instead just drink something. but with good planning of breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day there needn't be a lack of good nutrition. 

For example, today for breakfast I had a fruit salad of 1 orange, 1 peach, 1/2 pear and 1/2 banana served with 2 Tbsp of museli and honey. (I wouldve had yoghurt as well if I didnt still have my cold) and then for lunch I had a massive salad with mushrooms, greens, celery, tomato, onion, tuna, sunflower seeds and balsamic vinegar served with 2 corn cruskits. Then for my snacks I had a museli bar after my workout and was naughty and had some of the new  Vegemite flavoured chip and a bit of a chocolate cookie.

As for my exercise, Ive been really motivated to get back on track but still I'm not overloading myself.
Monday: 30 mins Xtrainer, ab and thigh exercises, arm weights
Tuesday: 15mins treadmill, 15mins Xtrainer, ab and thigh exercises
Wednesday: 20 lap swim alternating between freestyle and breastroke, ab and thigh exercises.

Im feeling so energetic and healthy right now and Im really hoping ill be able to slip into that sexy bikini come summer, but by getting there in a healthy way!


Lets hope I keep motivated and reach my goal!


Beth xo

No comments:

Post a Comment